Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Optima-Hoofware Ltd, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Optima-Hoofware Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Optima-Hoofware Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
The products available on this site are specifically for use in farriery.
Under UK Law, Farriers Registration Act 1975, only qualified individuals duly registered with the Farriers Registration Council, or those under the supervision of such persons, may practice farriery in the UK.
UK residents access to the site and sales therefrom, will therefore be restricted to Registered Farriers. Applications to register will be checked against the Farriers Register. We reserve the right to refuse full site access to non registered persons.
Non UK Residents may register and purchase product through the site.
Artisans requiring limited numbers of nails for their craft may call us to discuss their requirements and to verify their intended use.
Prices published on this site exclude delivery to the Buyer’s premises by any appropriate method of transport at the sole discretion of the Seller.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on the date specified by the Seller. If the delivery address specified by the Buyer differs from the payment card address, the address at which the card is registered must appear on the order. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
The Seller will endeavour to despatch orders placed before 2.30pm on any given working day for delivery the following working day. The date of delivery specified by the Seller is an estimate only.
Shortages should be notified to the Seller within 10 working days.
The risk in the goods shall pass from the Seller to the Buyer upon delivery of such goods to the Buyer.
Should you wish to return goods purchased from Optima-Hoofware Ltd, we will refund or exchange any product provided it is in a fully resaleable condition.
Returns should be made within 28 working days and in original undamaged packaging.
Any refund, which is due to a fault or other defect, will include a refund of the applicable delivery charge.
Please post returns to the following address: Optima-Hoofware Limited, Unit 4 Lambourn Business Park, Lambourn Woodlands, Berkshire RG17 7RY
This returns policy does not affect your legal rights.
Cancellation of Orders
Prior to despatch a Buyer may cancel their order at any time and for any reason. In such circumstances no cost penalty will be incurred with any monies taken credited to the Buyer’s account within 24 hours. Buyers may cancel their order by telephoning 0800 6129 248.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Optima-Hoofware Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- download and store the Content in electronic form on a disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network)
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Optima-Hoofware Ltd.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Password and security
- When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
- If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Optima-Hoofware Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Optima-Hoofware Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Optima-Hoofware Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Optima-Hoofware Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Optima-Hoofware Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Optima-Hoofware Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Optima-Hoofware Ltd details
- Optima-Hoofware Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09796052 whose registered address is 1 The Cam Centre, Wilbury Way, Hitchen, Herts, SG4 0TW and it operates the Website www.optimahoofware.co.uk. The registered VAT number is 223485220.